Travel Agency business if run properly is a very lucrative business venture. It is a less expensive business to start. Here in this post, we will guide you how to start this business with franchise opportunities available at present.
Travel agents provide a wide array of services to customers. They help clients in purchasing airline tickets, booking for hotel and resort reservations,creating and selling tour packages, providing tour guides, etc.
People having passion in exploring travelling destinations will have an added advantage in being successful in this business.
How to Start a Travel Agency Business
Firstly you need to decide whether you want to start the business of your own or buy a franchise and work with that company. Below is a brief step by step guide on how to start travel agency business.
- Decide the travel products you are going to sell. It can be general products like ticket booking, hotel booking, selling tour packages, adventure tour services, medical tour services, corporate tour services, etc.
- Book a retail space. Initially, if you don’t have a retail space of your own it is advised to take a lease. If you want to operate from home, make necessary arrangements so that space looks professional.
- Contact with the suppliers of the travel products. Get as much information as possible of their products and services.
- Though not mandatory but if you want to grow your business apply for Government approved travel agency. If you are approved government approved travel agent, it greatly enhances your reputation and recognition.
- Apply for IATA, if you want to cater international market.
- Create a website of your travel agency. Upload information regarding your products and services, contact information and if possible online booking options.
- Create marketing collaterals and promote them aggressively to your potential customers.
Start Travel Agency Business by Buying a Franchise
The other way of starting travel agency business is buying a franchise of already established travel products providing brands. The advantage of working with a reputed brand is manifold.
Firstly, you have established products which are already selling.
Secondly, a tested operating system which is successfully in operation mode.
Finally, brand which people easily recognizes and therefore it becomes easy to sell products.
In addition to the above reasons there are many advantages you get while you work as a franchise.
Here is a list of popular companies providing franchise business opportunities in India at present.
- Cox & Kings
- Make My Trip
- Kuoni Travel
If you are interested in buying a travel franchise read my post- Top 5+ Travel Franchise Business Opportunities in India
Hope this post will inspire you in considering in starting a travel franchise business from your locality.